An old piece of work that hangs on my bedroom wall



This picture hangs on my bedroom wall. It's the only piece of art work I made that is "on show" in my house. 

It's a reminder of my youth, the days where I felt anything was possible. The title was inspired by my then musician boyfriend who'd written a song with the lyrics 'we walk, we were guided'. 

It was taken on a typically cold and windy British summers day in 2003 which is ironic because it looks calm and warm.

I think it's true, I think we are all guided in our lives. I think everything happens for a reason. Sometimes, most of the time in fact we don't rate the things that happen to us but those things help make us who we are. We are guided by our parents, partners, friends, the things we watch on TV, the books we read. It all matters, it all shapes us. 

Like the picture, on the outside I look calm and at peace but on the inside some days I feel in despair and at termoil. 

At 30 years old, I still don't know what I want to be. It scares me a lot but equally it excites me because I'm on the path. I'm moving forward. I have amazing people in my life, supporting me at every step. I'm so grateful for them being there for me. Listening to my upsets and putting me back on track. 

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice
You'll make it now

Falling slowly, eyes that know me
And I can't go back
Moods that take me and erase me
And I'm painted black
You have suffered enough
And warred with yourself
It's time that you won

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice

You've made it now




LuCyLOuLU

LuCyLOuLU
Hello welcome to my online portfolio.

My name is Lucy. I completed my Degree with Manchester Art School in 2010 gaining a 2.1 in Fine Art.

I have recently completed a course with Central St Martins Art College, where I have studied Advertising and Art Direction.